The carousel reminds me of happy things. Of childhood memories. Not that the carousel is a familiar object that is placed on the streets in Penang, it's usually in theme parks or places that you need to pay to enter. I saw one or two happy adults riding away on the plastic ponies. Story books and Mary Poppins filled my mind quickly the minute I saw this. There's something just so magical about spinning lights, prancing horses and the music.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
The carousel reminds me of happy things. Of childhood memories. Not that the carousel is a familiar object that is placed on the streets in Penang, it's usually in theme parks or places that you need to pay to enter. I saw one or two happy adults riding away on the plastic ponies. Story books and Mary Poppins filled my mind quickly the minute I saw this. There's something just so magical about spinning lights, prancing horses and the music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
aahh!! i love carousels too~~
sat on one like a month ago. hehe..
despite all the weird stares, it was fun!!!
tho the experience is a little different when u're a kid and an adult. ahahaha.
shit!! i'm an adult!!!
you sat on one???? wah!!!! the last time i sat on one was when i was 12years old and that was in Sunway Lagoon! Not in some 'dreamy' place like this! Haha, you lucky woman. Yeah, one year older now ;P
Post a Comment