Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Liverpool vs Man U = 1-0

Another day free=Another day of travelling

So yes, I decided to take the train down to Liverpool because it seemed like there's a lot to see there. Liverpool's the Culture Capital in 2008, so there's a lot happening down there. I somehow prefer Liverpool to Manchester, maybe because it has more open spaces and there's the view out to the sea of course. Manchester's a landlock city, like Sheffield.

Metropolitan Cathedral of Liverpool. Missed the crypt's guided tour. Will have to do that another day then I visit Tate Liverpool. To find out more about this interesting piece of architecture, check out http://www.liverpoolmetrocathedral.org.uk/history/history.htm
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
My favourite chocolate. Took me halfway across the globe to be reunited with it. Bought 4 for £2. Gave 2 to kiran for bringing me around Manchester and the free lunch!
(p/s=jane,since you complained that there's too much on architecture here, this is the best picture of myself for now. my hand! i can't be going around taking pictures of myself in touristy places! that'll be too embarassing)
That's Albert Docks, one of the many docks in Liverpool. It's the most popular one here because it's surrounded by museums. The wind blew so hard that I found it so easy walking in the direction of the wind.
The Beatles Story. Yup! They're from Liverpool and it all began here in Liverpool. Yellow submarine... yellow submarine.... and the Magical Mystery Tour. No I didn't visit Penny Lane nor the Strawberry Fields. Sigh.
That's the wall of fame outside the Cavern Cafe that the Beatles used to play at when they just started off.

Prizes for those who know their Beatle well enough and tell me who this one is! A Beatle postcard specially sent to you.
As usual, my journey back would always be to snap pictures along the countryside. The views are ever changing and I certainly have not gotten bored of it yet. I resized this picture so the resolution's low, but the white spots you see all over the picture, those are SHEEPS.

1 comment:

L!an said...

sheeps???!! they're so cute dotting the landscape! :D