That's the Royal Palace


Plaza Mayor by night. It's a huge gathering space for the Spaniards. Life starts after 9pm


The Royal Botanical Gardens. Lovely place with beautiful sculptures






Another Palacio de Cristal (Crystal Palace), this one used for an expo in the late 19th century.



And finally, the railway station with a rainforest in it
As you can see, I didn't take many pictures in Madrid city. Partly because of certain incident that dampened our mood and also because we found Madrid lacking in the excitement and glamour of the likes of Barcelona or Granada. Still, I managed to get some nice shots. Madrid is better known for its entertainment and night life, definitely shopping. There are other places that we visited as well. We spent a day at the Museo Nacional del Prado (Prado Museum), one of the biggest museums in the world. Many Renaissance and Classical works by famous Spanish artists such as Goya, El Greco, Velasquez, and Murillo. Shall spare you all the rest of the details.
Actually I think there's a lot to see in Madrid. It does have an interesting history and culture. Probably the history's not as romantic as Barcelona's or Granada's. It's a more developed place for commercial institutions and a city planned along the Gran Via. Anyway, we took a day trip to Toledo which is 1/2hour by train. Pictures shall be up later.
*I'm currently starting on a Live Project conducted by my university and the project I got is in...Florence! One week in Pisa/Florence/Tuscany. The best part is, the accomodation is paid for, just need to pay for our transport there! Geez, I'm getting excited about it. Luckily we didn't backpack to Florence earlier on.
5 comments:
wahhhh nice pics!!
buy why does the lion look like it's gonna shit / get spanked.. hurhur
-_-"
Haha... I realized I forgot to put up the descriptions and title of the place! Wanna take a guess first??? Was in a rush to get to class... heehee... I've got a live project in Florence! In Tuscany!! Weeee!! we have to learn italian though. 8 hours crash course!
wah!!!! damn happening man.. haha.. and then u can learn some new pickup lines for ur italian stallion! heheeh
i can't believe you're feasting your eyes with all these good stuff!!!!!!!!!! ah, the sculptures, the nuances in them!! plus the scenery is damn nice!! bah!!
hehee... so have I influenced your decision on SEP yet? ;)
Post a Comment