Sunday, September 17, 2006

Granada, 19th August


Granada was the next destination. It took us a 13hour bus ride to get there. The night bus was uncomfortable because I sat next to a smelly rocker boy who blasted his MP3 player throughout the whole journey and there I was trying to catch forty winks. Daren't ask him to lower his volume because I haven't seen the Alhambra yet.

Stayed at the Rambutan guesthouse with a view exactly like this.

Steps leading up to our hostel. It was worth the climb, with 8 kilos on our backs. The rucksacks expanded much later in the trip.

To quote a French Arts student/juggler/busker staying at the hostel " Rule number one is NEVER touch the cactus". Anyway, those fruits are edible and not cheap on the market. They taste good though. Should've harvested some to sell.. hmm.. He thought Le Corb was crap and a 1 lit. 40% alcohol drink is water to him. "Oh, I was hoping to get drunk, but this, pooh, I'm still not drunk, just probably can't juggle that well now".
If you haven't figured out what the Alhambra is yet, then it's a pity. Malaysians who don't know what it is, shame on you. Time to revise your Sejarah Tingkatan 4, Bab 2 ( SPM History Text book) on Sejarah Islam. The Alhambra is featured there and you can imagine what an indelible mark it has left on me till now. Dream come true indeed.





More pictures later.

4 comments:

L!an said...

ahhaha.. i never did sejarah tingkatan 4!! :P
ARHHHHHHH!!! Beeeeeauuuuuuuuuutiful place!!

Fat Cat said...

Any advice on where to go that is goodz? Barc or madrid? Or somewhere else that is worth going? Got a shorter trip compared to urs... 2 weeks. I'm starting to plan it now...

lostsheep said...

your loss hui lian! haha... kidding

told you guys before, barcelona's the place to be if you have only one place in spain to choose. go surf the net, I recommend prague. A1!

whatsthatfluffinmyhead said...

nyaaa!!!! the only way i can go to barcelona is....
to look at it on the map :X
nice pics!!! :P

y got no hunky dory spaniards.. :X