
Thought I'd put up more images. I have loads more, mind you. Too many in fact. I'll probably put up pictures of Florence and Pisa next or else I'll have too many backdated posts. In fact, I realized I have not put up the other half of my trip round Europe yet. Anyway, we're all rushing to complete the project and everyone's gaining momentum finally! Was so worried by our lackadaisical attitude in Florence that I thought we were done for. Other groups seem to have progressed a lot by now, with banners put up, charts drawn, concept skecthes scribbled, site models in progress... time for us to step on the pedal! For those back in NUS, don't lose hope! FYP, submission, exams and what-nots, I pray that you all will prevail in the end. Drool at the pictures of local dishes below if you like or need to but don't expect me to cook them in the future!
Somewhere up there, on the Mountain of Fire, lies a campsite called Camping Il Sergente. We were based there for nearly 2 weeks.
Buchatinni with Momma's homemade pesto sauce. Wicked!

The view from the campsite
Some flora by the lake and my groupmates skipping stones below.
This reminds me of the poem The Walrus and the Carpenter, except that these are barnacles and not oysters.
Meeting with the Council of Barberino
Having a meeting with the Mayor (the Silver Fox as they call him) and the Deputy Mayor of Culture, Anna, explaining the exhibition to us. She's really sweet. We then headed back to our campsite for a feast with the mayor. Fine Italian food rocks!
The dinner party with some locals from the council and the lake committee. I somehow ended up sitting next to the Mayor. Man, it was stressful especially since he spoke little or no English, I basically didn't know what to say to him and had to get Amelia to translate most of the time. How does one converse witha politician? Hmm. Need to brush up on that.
'Chiki', which is equivalent to China's perssimon but they have it really ripe here. The mayor asked the chef to show us the fruit and let us taste it when they failed to explain what it was and we failed to understand. Haha. It was used to make the sauce for cooked cream dessert below. The chocolate cup with chocolate liquor was fantastic!
Lots of fine Red Wine and frizzy water. Panna water is produced about 500m from here.

Nothing beats a cup of Italian expresso after dinner, made by Momma.
That's the most potent glass of homemade Lemon Cream Liquor that I've ever tasted. Bene !
Dinner table scribbles. When you can't speak the language, draw! Some of zq's masterpiece on the table mat. Although Singapore's much smaller than Mugello, the population's 8 times that of Mugello. I can't imagine being an Italian and living in Singapore!
Somewhere up there, on the Mountain of Fire, lies a campsite called Camping Il Sergente. We were based there for nearly 2 weeks.
Buchatinni with Momma's homemade pesto sauce. Wicked!
The view from the campsite
Some flora by the lake and my groupmates skipping stones below.
This reminds me of the poem The Walrus and the Carpenter, except that these are barnacles and not oysters.
Meeting with the Council of Barberino
Having a meeting with the Mayor (the Silver Fox as they call him) and the Deputy Mayor of Culture, Anna, explaining the exhibition to us. She's really sweet. We then headed back to our campsite for a feast with the mayor. Fine Italian food rocks!
The dinner party with some locals from the council and the lake committee. I somehow ended up sitting next to the Mayor. Man, it was stressful especially since he spoke little or no English, I basically didn't know what to say to him and had to get Amelia to translate most of the time. How does one converse witha politician? Hmm. Need to brush up on that.
'Chiki', which is equivalent to China's perssimon but they have it really ripe here. The mayor asked the chef to show us the fruit and let us taste it when they failed to explain what it was and we failed to understand. Haha. It was used to make the sauce for cooked cream dessert below. The chocolate cup with chocolate liquor was fantastic!
Lots of fine Red Wine and frizzy water. Panna water is produced about 500m from here.
Nothing beats a cup of Italian expresso after dinner, made by Momma.
That's the most potent glass of homemade Lemon Cream Liquor that I've ever tasted. Bene !
Dinner table scribbles. When you can't speak the language, draw! Some of zq's masterpiece on the table mat. Although Singapore's much smaller than Mugello, the population's 8 times that of Mugello. I can't imagine being an Italian and living in Singapore!
5 comments:
i see a frank-ghery-napkin-skectcher in the making! Urban planning on a tissue anyone? Can mail some chocolates over?... think its quite interesting to have real feedback for ya upcoming exhibition. KOOL!...
I have a big bottle of the chocolate liquor that was served that day. I can auction some of it. Wanna start bidding?
20 Euros! including postage...
20euros, FAT HOPE!
c'mon... i iz poor studentz... 30 euros!
Post a Comment