That´s hello in Espanyol.
I´m currently blogging from Granada. The hostel I´m staying in, Hostel Rambutan, is a lovely cosy hostel perched atop a hill facing the Alhambra. The view is simply magnificient! The weather is perfect, sunny skies with cool wind. It pretty relaxing here, a different pace from Barcelona, where I was 3 days ago.
I shall talk about Barcelona first. I´m travelling with my fellow archi mates, Jes and Zq. We went to Gatwick Airport, South terminal at 10pm. The journey was 1 1/2 hours. Paid a good 45 pounds for that. The 3 of us slept at the airport because our flight was at 655am the next day. Man, that airport is seriously a super busy one. We got to Barcelona safely at 10am. The sight from the plane was simply overwhelming. I managed to spot the Sagrada Familia and the Aghbar Tower (by Jean Nouvel) from the plane. We took the bus from the Aeroport to the old town, where our hostel was. It´s called Sun and Moon hostel and guess what, we shared it with 5 other blokes. 2 of them are Aussies, one a plumber and one works in a video shop. He earns $20 an hour working in the video shop and he´s only 23! Man... I´m still a student with plenty of debts. Furthermore, he´s been travelling for 2 months now.
Day one in Barcelona was spent walking around the old town. We managed to see the Barcelona Cathedral. It was amazing. The streets are narrow and the buildings are about 5-6 stories high. Typical Spannish balconies and flowers hanging, it´s really the same thing you see in the movies. We bought bread and some milk for dinner. It´s really not that expensive, especially since there are 3 of us sharing. Since we´re all tired, we decided to rest early.
I´ll continue some other time. Going out to check the bars and their free tapas. Hopefully it´s affordable.
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
where's your spanish hunkydorydude!!
pikturessssss :PPPP
cheryl ah... u gonna ask her that question on every blog??
I haven't starting packing yet actually. =P Yep, I'll pass ya the address and stuff once i confirm it. Telephone no. too (i'm pretty sure we have one at the apartment). So nice, get to see barcelona!
I´ll give this place a miss. maybe will check out Italy. Haha
got your add cheryl. super long.
okie joot. stay in touch
Post a Comment