
Any visitors to Cornwall, MUST visit the Eden project, albeit it is only easily accessible if you have a car. An inspiring project, both archictecturally and in creating awareness for the environment, I applaud the government's initiative to create such a centre in Cornwall. I suspect part of it was due to the Bilbao effect, creating jobs and bringing tourism back to the place ( the other few attractions around the area includes the Lost Gardens of Heligan and some other museums). For those who are unfamiliar with the term 'Bilbao effect', Bilbao is a city north of Spain whose economy was revived, the credit going to Gehry's Guggenheim museum. Anwway, since I was granted a wish to pick a choice of 'must see' destination, I picked Cornwall, due to its exotic landscape and beautiful harbour towns. This post features mainly on the Eden project. I shall reserve my criticisms for I think the positive points outweighs its negative.
To me, the success of a place lies in its ability to evoke, to stir and awaken the senses, to generate thought and provoke mainstream thinking and the ability to leave indelible memories to its visitor. Also, the execution of details , not only in terms of architecture, were well done, especially to the Malaysian house. The radio, the honda cup, the oil tin used as a flower pot, the 'fook,luk and sau' statues on the table, the noisy table fan, the rattan basket and many more, were thought of and placed in position.
Enjoy the photos below =)









1 comment:
Kool... are those art pieces and sculptures too?
Post a Comment