Thursday, January 18, 2007

Photos from a visit to Chatsworth house in December, right before they shut for Christmas. Chatsworth is simply stunning. I can imagine living there centuries ago, with beautiful gardens and panaromic views. Sigh... The Revelation






This one's from Stratford, Anne Hathaway's cottage. The wooden frame beams are extremely unique!

Had a Polish Christmas eve with a Polish family at Coventry. They usually have fish for their Christmas eve dinner, really salty herring. It's nice, but I think one slice was more than enough. After that, we went for a Christmas eve service at Coventry Cathedral. The choir was fantastic, the best I've ever heard.
Christmas was the day after. I had a lovely English Christmas celebration complete with the roast turkey and Christmas cake! The only thing missing was the snow. I heard from my friend that it's due to snow next week. How very unfortunate of me to miss the snow by a week. Oh sadness!



1 comment:

Fat Cat said...

lovely pics! Aye... i also wanted to see snow. On our way to Prague we tot it was snowing... it turned out to be frost on the trees. Boooo!!!....