Thursday, December 21, 2006

of MacDonalds and Campbells

By now, you guys should have realized that if there are no posts for a long time, it jolly well means that I'm somewhere on the road. Teeheehee. Took a Virgin train on my virgin solo tour to Scotland! The moment the train crossed the border into Berwick-upon-Tweed, my gaze got fixed onto the vast North Sea. The change in landscape was simply amazing. When the train pulled into Edinburgh's Waverly station, my soul was sold. Edinburgh is lovely, lovely, lovely! Was suppose to meet one of my old schoolpal but I didn't managed to in the end, so I decided to go further north, to see Ben Nevis, to see the locks and lochs, to see the highland cattle, to see men in kilt and bagpipes, to hear the tales of the Scottish heroes, to experience the castle ruins, and to see the land of Gaels. If I could, I'd spend a lifetime here travelling around the UK.

Anyway, I shall put up photos later. I still have backdated ones from Cornwall to post. Zzzzzzz... Oh, and part 2 of my backpacking trip with Jes and Zq which we did in Aug... Hmm... no point looking back right? I'll just put up the latest ones as soon as I can. I've been busy with my Christmas shopping and baking, but the real shopping comes only during boxing day sales! I'm still waiting for the snow to fall although the temperature dropped to -2 yesterday.

Oh, and my first Christmas present arrived today. From the shopaholic queen who is the first student on SEP to return back to Singapore. She knows me too well because she got what I like and I must say, he is handsome and manly ( what do you expect from a KMT leader and the father of modern China?). Thanks CHERYL!! I love my presents a lot! Hee... a nice addition to my collection, specially from HK!

Lastly, thanks Hui Lian for the Christmas card!!! I didn't expect to receive any here.All the best for your trip to Indo. Hope you'll return to Singapore enlightened and moved by the experience, and do show me how to build a building (kinda scary having an architecture student saying that isn't it?)

Oh, and I saw that castle that was made famous in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Doune Castle . EW, does that ring a bell? Killer rabbit?

Ahh... hope everyone's having a great holiday.

6 comments:

Fat Cat said...

So cold! So cold! And the British fog comes to engulf that land. It snows where u at? I still wanna see snow... throw a snowball @ the stupid KG also =P And make a snowman....

Fat Cat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

wah!!!! i'm glad u received and liked it.. hurhur.. :P
was getting desperate because the first day covers were sold out!!! but heng heng mr handsome was still around. heeehee.. happy hols!!!! :P

-cheryl

lostsheep said...

I love it! I'll put it up when I put the other photos up. Hmm, but Hong Kong's christmas first day covers should be nice eh? Uk's one's not so nice this year, but I bought them anyway. Have a blessed Christmas and enjoy your trip!!!

Yup, there was lots of frost and snow-capped mountains. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Merry White Christmas! And Happy New Year Felis Catus! - Joot

L!an said...

i'm back!!! heezz. thanx for the postcard! :)
merry christmas n happy new year!! :D see ya soon!